International Men’s Day (IMD) is a day to:
- remember all the good things about men and boys around us.
- acknowledge and celebrate the invisible heroes of everyday.
- honor men for all their positive contributions to the world.
- pray for the health, well-being and safety of men and boys.
- to ask for fairness towards men and boys in all walks of life.
- join hands to end misandry and to restore respect for masculinity.
IMD is also a day to examine the various issues faced by men and boys and to discover ways to address them. It is a day to sensitize the society to work towards making a difference for men and boys. This year True Equity Network (TEN) India and All India Men’s Welfare Association (AIMWA) will be focusing on two important issues, namely, health and education of men and boys.
Full Press Release can be viewed here.